Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Some Days Are Just Challenging

Tomorrow is my husband's and mine, 32nd Anniversary. Wow... it's hard to believe that we've been together that long, raised 3 kids and now have 2 adorable granddaughters!! Life often feels like it goes at a snails pace, but then you have moments where it feels like it flies by. It doesn't seem like it was all that long ago, that we were shuffling kids to school and taking them to basketball, soccer and baseball practices and games and such. How busy we were back then.

Anyways, hubby has taken the day off (yea) and we're going to spend the day down in Tubac, looking around at all the specialty shops and go out for lunch. Tubac is a place that both of us enjoy. Originally hubby was thinking of the traditional dinner out, but I wanted to do something fun and out of the ordinary. I'm looking forward to getting out of the house and doing something together. Especially after the day I had today.

Today was a rough day. One of my horses, came up lame several days ago and I've been soaking her feet. This morning, I noticed a place where the pus had come out, which is a good thing. So I got online and found info on how to make a poultice for her and put that on and wrapped her leg. Wrapping her leg was... uh, interesting. Mija has little patience for someone messing with her feet, so my wrapping wasn't exactly professional looking. When I came out later tonight to feed the horses, I watched as my other horse Bree, was attempting to pull of Mija's bandages. Arghhhh!! So I had to re-wrap it. Well.... I wished that it had been as easy as that, but eventually, we had a heart to heart about me trying to help her. Mija walked over to where I was sitting on the ground, sobbing in frustration. She looked down at my medical kit I had out and I explained to her, that I was just trying to help her feel better. Mija said, "okay". After that, she stood very nicely, while I put the poultice on and re-wrapped her legs. Whew!

And then earlier in the day, my dog Jax, had found my eye glasses and had chewed off the ear pieces. YIKES!!! So in between bandaging an injured horse, I had to run down to the eye glass place to see if they could fix my glasses for me. Well, they couldn't, so I had to buy new frames. Baaaddd Jax!!! So, as I said, not the best of days, but it's over and I'm looking forward to celebrating our anniversary tomorrow.


2 comments: