Tuesday, June 26, 2012

"Go To" Quilts


These are my "go to" quilts. I just love the simplicity of these quilts, as well as how quickly they go together.
This one is my Dragonfly Quilt. I keep finding myself drawn to the turquoise colors
This photo shows the detailing. I finally found someone who could do the dragonfly pattern that I so wanted for this quilt.


This is called the Jelly Roll Quilt and I just learned how to make this a few days ago. Believe it or not, I was able to complete this quilt in 3 hours, although some over achiever in class, did it in one hour LOL



I will be definitely be making more quilts, using these two patterns.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I LOVE the dragon fly quilt (you already know I love the Jelly roll quilt.
    I need to find the pattern for the first quilt! But I absolutely LOVE that fabric and the colors. SWEET. You really know how to put the patterns together. I have SUCH a difficult time with that! Beautiful work my friend!!!! ;-)
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Martha. You're no slouch your self ;-)
      The dragonfly print, I had found in the store about a year or so ago. But the turquoise fabric, was inspired by the very same fabric that I had at home, for a class quilt that is still an UFO. I didn't want to use that one, so I went online, searching for months, to find it. It was worth the effort.

      Delete