Friday, November 2, 2012

Catching Up

Wow, I hadn't realized just how long it's been since I've last posted here. I've been pretty busy with making the tote bags for cancer patients, as well as some quilts that will be given as Christmas gifts this year. Just this past Monday, I was able to deliver a box of tote bags to the nearby cancer center. What a wonderful feeling it was, to know that I'm doing something helpful for others. And I have been pleasantly amazed at the donations of fabric or money that I've received to help keep this project going. :-)
one of the tote bags I've made
The box of tote bags, ready to be delivered
I also recently went thru a pretty severe infection, that turned into MRSA... omg... that was horrible. It was a simple little incident of scrapping my leg while riding and it turned into a staph infection. I was pretty much laid up for 3 weeks, where walking was painful, but not nearly as painful as all of the debriding and packing of the wound was. Thankfully, I'm now on the mend, and I can now get back to my various sewing projects and horse time. :-)

This was our first year of celebrating Halloween with grandkids. Cori was scheduled to work Halloween night, but she came up with the idea to head to our local zoo, where they had a Halloween special going on, a few nights before. Jaelyn, who is now 8 mos old, looked adorable in her Little Red Riding Hood costume and 4yr old Emelina, was dressed up as Snow White.



We've also gone to Apple Annie's Orchard in Wilcox, AZ twice, with the grandkiddos. The first time, we went to go pick apples and the second time we went back, we went on a hayride, to go pick out pumpkins and then went thru the corn maze. It's been amazing to share these fun trips with the girls and I look forward to watching them both grow and sharing many more fun family times together.

Oh, and lest I forget, my long lost daughter, finally contacted us. :-) I have been searching the internet for the past 4 1/2 yrs for her and finally found her on Facebook. I left her a message, and a few weeks later, she responded. She said that she loved and missed us all and had been thinking about us. Despite 2 more messages that I've left, I haven't heard anything more. :-/ It's been 2 mos since I've heard from her. I was really, really hoping, that maybe, just maybe, this years holidays, we could possibly spend with one another as a whole family. But that's not looking possible right now. :-(  I guess the one message that she did send, was the best that she could do for now and while it hurts that it can't be more, I'm grateful for the one message I've gotten from her after all of these years of silence. No one knows of the pain I'm going thru about this, because no one has asked, even after I shared that we finally had heard from her.

And yes, I'm still on both of the previously mentioned forums. :-/ And yes, nothing has changed. I know that I really do need to move on from them. I don't belong there. I just find it so difficult to fully let go. I guess that I foolishly hope that things will improve, but they actually seem to be getting worse. Everyone is lost in their own world and barely recognize what someone else has shared. These were once great friendships that I cherished, and I still do cherish the memories, but people change and head in different directions and suddenly you find that so did the relationships. It's like we've outgrown one another or something. I dunno. Anyways, it is what it is and while I've been finding it difficult to make the final decision to walk away, I have focused on doing other things that make me happy and keep me busy. I just miss being able to share my day with my good friends and to know that they share in my happiness with me. But I've grown enough where as much as it would be great to have friends who care, I am able to give that to myself and call it good.

Well, I think that pretty much catches me up. LOL It's time for me to get going in my day and do some more work on my quilts. I will be back and post pics as they get finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment